SMART STAGE PLUS WORKSHOPS
Making connections. Exploring ideas. Extending the experience.
When you attend a Smart Stage performance, considering extending your students’ learning by adding a Smart Stage PLUS workshop to the experience!
- 40-minutes in length
- Engaged learning building on themes and content from the show
- Incorporates art forms such as creative movement, storytelling, music, and theater
- Standards-based activities which provide valuable curriculum connections
- $5 per student in a group of 10 or more with the purchase of a corresponding Smart Stage Matinee ticket
- Time and space for lunch provided!
PRE-SHOW WORKSHOP SCHEDULE –
Choose if attending an 11:30 AM performance
|10:00 AM||Arrival at Broward Center for the Performing Arts|
|10:00 AM - 10:40 AM||Smart Stage Plus Workshop|
|10:40 AM - 11:15 AM||Lunch in the Education Center & Restroom Break|
|11:20 AM - 11:30 AM||Enter Amaturo Theater for Performance|
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Performance|
POST-SHOW WORKSHOP SCHEDULE –
Choose if attending an 10:00 AM performance
|9:45 AM||Arrival at Broward Center for the Performing Arts|
|10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Performance|
|11:00 AM - 11:20 AM||Transition to Education Center|
|11:30 AM - 12:10 PM||Smart Stage Plus Workshop|
|12:10 PM - 12:35 PM||Lunch in the Education Center & Restroom Break|
Plus workshops are available for the following performances:
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
• What a great enrichment opportunity. They had a lot of fun singing, dancing, and acting instead of just sitting and watching a show.
• There were many instances since, where I have had students use what we learned that day in making connections in class discussions.
• Our teachers really loved everything about the workshop and performance. We can’t wait to go back again next year.
• The workshop was great. It allowed students to manipulate the information before watching the performance, giving them more time to make sense of it all.