- Home /
- Education: Broward Center Teaching Artist Application
Broward Center Teaching Artist Application
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is currently recruiting creative and dynamic Teaching Artists to join our roster. Our Teaching Artists work with students across various programs, including:
- On-site skill-building classes for students and adults (i.e. Broadway Dance, Musical Theater Singing, Improv, etc.)
- SEAS Plus/SEAS From a Distance Workshops (Student Enrichment Through the Arts)
- Turnaround Arts School Residencies (Arts Integration)
- Community and school partnership programs (Elder Arts, Civics Through the Arts, etc.)
The first step of joining our roster is participation in the Broward Center Teaching Artist Professional Development Program (TAPD). This program is designed to provide Teaching Artists with tools and resources to supplement their current teaching artist practice and provide opportunities to explore current best practices in the teaching artist field.
The program includes the following components:
- Professional Development on essential elements of arts education
- Specialty PD workshops on topics such as Social-Emotional Learning, Culturally Relevant Teaching, etc.
- The opportunity to teach with a structured observation, evaluation, and reflection process
Application Window: Now – September 15th
*Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
The Broward Center's professional development programs for teaching artists are made possible by the Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation.