The show cannot go on without you
Join the volunteer team as an usher and meet exciting people who share your passion for live theater, while giving back to the community. For more than 20 years South Florida residents have proudly served as volunteer ushers at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. A Broward Center volunteer is an individual who chooses to give his or her time and talents as part of a team, with dedication, enthusiasm and flexibility.
Ushers are an important part of every performance. You’ll help welcome our audiences, make them feel at home and ensure that everything runs smoothly from lights up to curtains down.
- Full time year-round South Florida resident
- Commit to a regular (weekly) shift
- Attend formal orientation training date as scheduled by the volunteer office
- Comply with all standards and polices as provided in Volunteer Manual
- Ability to escort patrons to seats in all levels of the theater: orchestra, mezzanine or balcony
- Great attitude to serve as needed
Access the Volunteer Information Center and manage your schedule.