- Home /
- Student Enrichment through the Arts (SEAS) & SEAS PLUS
STUDENT ENRICHMENT THROUGH THE ARTS (SEAS) & SEAS PLUS
25 Years. 3 Million Students. An Award-Winning Partnership.
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts has a unique partnership with the Broward County Public Schools that began even before the Broward Center opened its doors in 1991. A partner from the start, the School Board has always played an important role in the development and success of Broward Center’s education programs. This unique partnership led to the development of the award-winning Student Enrichment in the Arts program or SEAS.
- Produced by professional companies for students in grades pre-K–12.
- Performances are curriculum-driven and aligned with Florida standards.
- Performances include dance, music, drama, historical dramas and engaging multi-cultural programs.
- Approximately 125,000 students a year attend free of charge.
- Accessible online with free study guides.
Add to your students’ experience this season with SEAS Plus, our pre- and post-show, interactive workshops that build on the themes and content from select performances and extend that experience through small group, hands-on workshops that are led by our professional teaching artists.
Each 40-minute workshop incorporates a variety of art forms, such as storytelling, music, dance, circus arts and drama, and gives your students an opportunity to participate in a rich, exploratory experience that is imaginative, collaborative and fun.
SEAS Plus workshops are:
- 40-minute workshop following the performance
- Led by a professional teaching artist
- Includes a study guide
To register your class for SEAS programs, contact Lauri Foster, SEAS Coordinator at 754.321.2553.